Terms and Conditions
On Tuesday, 11th of August 2015, we invited down some potential applicants and members of the Philip Leong Committee to help out with assisting future applicants.
Paul Martinez, a Consultant to the Firm at wilson/ryan/grose Lawyers and a Philip Leong Committee Member presented an overview of the Schedule and the Terms and Conditions for the 2015 Philip Leong Youth Bursary. You can view his video below.
Conditions and Criteria:
Successful applicants will be required to enter into a Grant Agreement with the Community Enterprise Foundation TM and should be aware that there will be a number of conditions in the Grant Agreement.
Criteria for applications:
- Applications for the 2021 Programme are being taken from people who are residents of Townsville city.
- Applicants must be under 27 years as at 31 December, 2021.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
- Applicants can be studying at any local secondary school university or institute of TAFE or either be privately employed or self employed
- Scholarship recipients will be required to clearly identify how the scholarship money will be used.
- Applications may be made on behalf of a young person or by a young person themselves.
- Applicants may only apply for one scholarship per year.
- Unsuccessful nomination applications will not be returned – applicants are advised to keep copies for their own records.
- Applications must be supported by at least one reliable referee, who will be asked to confirm the talent or skill of the person nominated. Application forms must include full contact details for the referee. The person nominating cannot be the referee.
- The Committee (or representative of) will provide confirmation of receipt of an application form for the Philip Leong Youth Programme.
- On the application form, nominators are required to outline truthfully any financial assistance provided to the nominee by government or non-government agencies. No means test will apply to applicants however the financial position of an applicant may be a consideration taken into account by the Selection Committee.
- The decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Terms and Conditions may be updated at any time and without notice.
How do I apply?
- Ensure that you have read and understood the application guidelines and conditions.
- You must remember to sign the application form Unsigned application forms will not be considered.
- Applications open September 2021. After this date, you can send your completed and signed application form to the address below.
The Advisory Committee
Philip Leong Youth Programme
PO Box 3084
Hermit Park QLD 4812